ACTIVE LOUDSPEAKER SYSTEMS
Active loudspeaker systems dispense with passive crossovers found in conventional loudspeakers in favor of inserting the crossovers before the amplifier. The benefits include:
- increased flexibility of filter shapes,
- the ability to make fine-grained adjustments resulting in improved on and off axis response (these are often competing objectives in passive loudspeakers),
- direct coupling of the loudspeaker to the driver (avoiding losses inherent in passive crossovers), &
- higher SPL with lower distortion.
A properly designed active loudspeaker system can bring higher resolution and dynamic control to your audio system. Many other active loudspeakers in the market utilise Class D high-efficiency or low cost plate amplifiers, compromising sound quality.
Bryston Active Loudspeaker systems use Bryston's renown amplifiers to realise the full potential of actively driven loudspeakers. The Bryston Active Loudspeaker System comprises:
- a BAX-1 Active DSP Crossover, (one crossover for a pair of speakers)
- three amplifier channels per speaker (e.g.. 21B Cubed 3-channel amplifier or 24B Cubed 6-channel amplifier) and
- a pair of Model T Active, Middle T Active or Mini T Active loudspeakers.
The improvements over a passively driven system are far from subtle, with groundbreaking dynamics & slam, details and realism.. The Bryston Active Loudspeaker System truly takes the performance to the next level.
BAX-1 ACTIVE DIGITAL CROSSOVER
Developed specifically for the Bryston Active Loudspeaker System, the BAX-1 is a state-of-the-art DSP crossover.
MINI T ACTIVE
There is nothing small sounding about Bryston's active bookshelf loudspeaker.
Crafted for the Bryston Active Loudspeaker System, each
Bryston 21B³ monoblock provides 3 channels of amplification for a single active loudspeaker.
MIDDLE T ACTIVE
Bryston's compact floorstander, now brought to a new level of active performance.
Providing 6 channels of amplification in a single chassis, the 24B is the compact solution to active amplification.
MODEL T ACTIVE
The ultimate expression of the Bryston Active Loudspeaker.